Okay today I will do something different. Something other than talk about books. Today, I will write down my pattern for my Frankenstein crochet pattern. The pattern is really easy and anybody can follow and do it.
So, let’s get started!
- MC – Magic circle
- SC – Single crochet
- Inc – Increase
- Dec – Decrease
- FO – Fasten off
- BLO – Back Loop Only
- Dark green yarn
- Light green yarn
- Black yarn
- Red yarn
- 2.5 mm crochet hook
- 8 mm safety eyes
- keychain (optional)
Now, the pattern starts from bottom up so we are going to start off by doing the legs.
Leg (make 2)
*Use the dark green yarn but this is optional
Round 1: MC (6 stitches)
Round 2: SC, Inc (repeat 3 times)
Round 3 – 5: SC all round
* For the first leg you’d want to fasten it off but for the second leg DO NOT FASTEN IT OFF
Round 6: Create a foundation chain (4 – 5 stitches, depending on how wide you want the leg gap to be) and SC to the other leg
Round 7 – 8: SC all around then FO and change color to light green yarn.
Round 9: SC all around.
Round 10: SC 7, Inc (do note that if the stitches don’t correlate exactly it’s completely fine)
Round 11 – 21: SC and FO.
Round 22: Change to black yarn and SC. It’s here where you want to choose which stitch you want to make the Frankenstein hair.
- Choose any stitch and insert your hook two stitches BELOW the chosen stitch and SC like normal. Try to make your SC as loose as possible so it won’t pull the other stitches
- Making the hair you can just choose any stitch at random. Make it closer together or farther apart, it really is up to you.
Round 23: SC
Round 22: SC 7, Dec
Round 23: SC 6, Dec
Round 24 – 25: SC
Round 26: SC, BLO
Round 27: SC
Round 28: Here you want to SC both open flaps together and FO.
- Essentially what you want to do is insert your hook in the stitches in both the front and back flaps and SC together till the end
Hands (Make 2)
Round 1: MC (6 stitches)
Round 2: Inc, SC (3x)
Round 3: Inc, SC 2
Round 3: Dec, SC 2
Round 3: Dec, SC 1
Round 4: Dec all around.
- Attach the eyes between rounds 12 – 13 with 7 stitches in between.
- Sew on the hands/limbs at between round 12 – 13
- Sew on additional scars on the Frankensteins body however you like
Now, making this it doesn’t matter if the stitch count is out the window because Frank is made to look a bit wonky don’t he?
I truly apologize if my pattern is hard to understand, it’s my first one but don’t be shy to comment or ask questions.
Okay, just so we are clear you can use this pattern to make or sell or whatever. It’d be nice if you acknowledge or tag me if you actually make it but either way I’m cool it’s a really simple pattern no need for no formatlities. 😀