When I found out I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Flavia, I was beyond honored. I was so happy and surprised that I was left in a perpetual state of shock for awhile. So yes, thank you so much for the nomination! It means a lot to me 😀
- What is your favorite book that you’ve read in 2016?
- Well, I read three of my favorites this year and it would be a no brainer if I said it was Harry Potter so instead I will say the other two. Said books are ‘The Godfather’ by Mario Puzo and ‘Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief’ by Rick Riordan
- What book do you most look forward to in 2016 (not yet released)?
- So far none. If ‘Harry Potter and The Cursed Child’ wasn’t released yet I would have said it would be this book but its released so yeah. 😛
- How long have you been blogging?
- With this blog I have been blogging for about 5 months
- Can you see yourself still being a book blogger 5 years from now?
- To be honest I don’t know. I hope so because I love doing reviews and I love the book discussion I have with readers who might not share the same views as me on a book. It’s so much fun but then again the future isn’t set in stone so all I can do is hope for the best. 😀
- Are you an aspiring book author, or will you stick to being an avid reader?
- How did you know I’m an aspiring writer????? Hahahha yeah I am. I just need to get over my fear of failure and just try and write stuff. I have so many ideas in my head for stories, ranging from historical romance to YA fantasy to contemporary. One day I hope I will get to be an author.
- Do you have to listen to particular playlists when reading particular types of books?
- Not really. I like everything to be relatively quiet when I read so I can fully focus on the books especially if the writing of a book is hard for me to grasp.
- How often do you change your blog’s theme?
- Depends on whether I am bored with the one I currently use and how diligent I am.
- Do you use social media for bookish stuff, or just your blog?
- I do have a bookstagram and also a youtube channel but because I am busy handling a full time job and my current exercise routine to lose weight (because I am chubs tubs) and chores I can’t commit much/any time to it so I am most active on my blog.
- At what age did you start reading?
- My youngest memory of reading was when I was 4 years old so I presume I started reading since then.
- Do you read books only in English, or other languages also?
- I read books mainly in English but occasionally I also read books in Malay if the plot intrigues me enough. I wish I knew more languages so I can read more books.
- Do you set reading goals for yourself, or do you just go with the flow?
- I attempt to set reading goals for myself for example reading all my netgalley requested books and books borrowed from the library but then that plan or goals just goes straight to hell and I will just go with the flow. >w<
Questions for nominees
- How many books do you physically own? (It doesn’t have to be a specific number, a guess would do)
- How did your love of reading start? Was it because of a specific book, movie etc?
- What genre would you want to see reinvented or given new life?
- Are you good at self-control when it comes to Netgalley? (If you don’t have Netgalley change it to bookstores)
- What themes would you like to see more/less in books?
- Is there any classic books that you would like to see be completely reinvented with modern values, themes and problems?
- What is your opinion about stretching a well known series VS a new fresh story? (for example the stretching of the Percy Jackson universe/character/books)
- Are you an aspiring writer/author? If so what genre would your story be?
- What is your favorite book of all time? (Think being stuck on a deserted island for a week and only having that one book)
- Physical book or e-book?
- How do you overcome a reading slump?
- (BONUS QUESTION! Answer this if you don’t wanna answer question 11) What is your view on Jared Leto’s Joker? and who is the best Joker in your eyes?